Caplugs appreciates your interest in our products or services and your visit to our web site.
The following privacy notice outlines how Caplugs collects, shares and processes personal information through caplugs.com.
Information We Gather
By interacting with our website, we may obtain certain personal information about you via automated processes. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- name and geographic location of your internet service provider
- type / version of browser you are using (i.e., Chrome, Safari)
- computer platform you are using (i.e., iOS, Windows)
- website that refers you to our site
- pages you visit in our site
- date and time of those requests
- length of time you spend on our site
- page from which you exit our site
- errors that occur on the site
We use this information to generate statistics relating to overall site activity and functionality. This information is also used to help us optimize the overall user experience and better understand how users interact with our website. This information may further drive the delivery of marketing communications, promotional materials, website improvements or redevelopment, product or service information. Data is also used to detect, prevent and respond to any website misuse, fraud or unlawful interactions with our website.
In some cases, we may request specific information about an individual or user such as contact details, business relationship or business role. This contact information allows us to interact and communicate with you. Relationship or role information helps us understand who you are and what you are seeking to properly fulfill your request. Examples of this information includes, but is not limited to:
- who you are
- the company you work for
- contact information
- your needs or requirements
It is your option to provide the information requested; however, without this information, access will not be granted to the additional site content.
How We Use Your Information
The information you provide is used to:
- understand the people and companies accessing our web site
- improve the web site
- respond to specific requests you have made
- improve the products or services we offer
Given the business nature of information we provide on our website, a representative from Caplugs may contact you to follow up.
Copyrights and Trademark Notices
This website is copyright by Caplugs. All rights are reserved. The text, images, graphics and animation files that make up this site are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may they be modified or reposted to other sites.
The previous statement notwithstanding, as a visitor to our site, you may print pages from this website or download demonstration, logo or sample elements that have been so identified, to aid in a better understanding of our products and services and to support a business decision to purchase such products and services.
All trademarks displayed on this site are subject to the U.S. trademark rights of Caplugs, or are used under agreement in the U.S. by Caplugs. These trademarks include product brand names, slogans, logos and emblems. The unauthorized use of any trademark displayed on this site is strictly prohibited.
We may share personal information with our affiliated companies, marketing partners, suppliers, dealers and business partners, which may use it for the purposes listed above. We may also share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers.
In addition, there may be instances when we need to use an outside shipping company to ship printed materials or other collateral, as well as our credit card processing company to bill clients for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
We also partner at times with other parties to provide specific services. When a client signs up for these services, we will share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Third-Party Tools Used on Site
Third-party tools used by Caplugs and that may include integrations on this website include, but are not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Bing Ads
- Facebook Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
Links to Third-Party Sites
This website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Caplugs. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Caplugs does not control such websites and is not responsible for their content.
Transactional and Informational Contact
By using the Caplugs website to request a catalog or order a sample product, or by submitting a form to get a quote or more information from Caplugs, you consent to Caplugs’ use of your contact information, which may include phone number, mailing address or email address, for future correspondence. This may include, but is not limited to, phone calls to follow up on your request, emails to provide requested files or details, or postcards to inform you of relevant offers, news or incentives.
Caplugs may use your phone number, email or other contact information to reach you – whether or not you have made a purchase from Caplugs – by phone, website or other means. You may request to have your contact information removed from Caplugs’ database at any time by calling 888-227-5847.
All statements, technical information and recommendations related to Caplugs products are based on information believed to be reliable, however, the accuracy or completeness is not guaranteed. Before using any Caplugs product you must evaluate it and determine if it is suitable for your intended application. You assume all risks and liability associated with such use. Any statements related to the product which are not contained in Caplugs current publications, or any contrary statements contained on your purchase order shall have no force or effect unless expressly agreed upon, in writing, by an authorized officer of Caplugs. Also, Caplugs currently has no processes or procedures in place to meet with the California transparency in supply chains act of 2010.
European Economic Area Residents
Residents of the European Economic Area may have additional rights under EU laws. This may include:
- Right to access personal data or collect a copy of personal data (right of access)
- Right to have incorrect personal information corrected and, depending on the processing purpose, provide incomplete personal data about you (right of rectification)
- Right to have personal data deleted to the extent permitted by relevant data protection laws (right to erasure or the “right to be forgotten”)
- Right to limit processing your personal data to the extent permitted by relevant laws (right to restriction of processing)
- Right to obtain personal data you have provided to Caplugs in a structured, standard and machine-readable format, as well as to send this data to another party without restriction. When technically possible, you may also have this data sent from Caplugs to another party to the extent allowed by law (right to data portability)
In addition, you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, to the extent allowed by law, on grounds relevant to your individual situation and in accordance with pertinent statutory data protection laws. If your data is used by Caplugs for direct marketing purposes, you may also have the right to object to processing for the purpose of marketing.
When you have given consent for processing of your personal data, you also maintain the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This withdrawal of your consent does not change the lawful status of any processing done with your consent prior to it being withdrawn.
You may contact Caplugs directly to exercise any or all of your rights under EEA law by contacting Caplugs using the information provided in the Contact Us section below, or may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Please contact Caplugs directly to update, amend or correct any personal data if it has changed or is inaccurate. In these circumstances, we may request and require further information from you to fully accommodate your request.
Residents of California may have additional rights California civil code. This may include the right to request information regarding the disclosure of any personal information to third parties for direct marketing activities. If you wish to make a request for this information, contact Caplugs directly using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Californians also have the following specific rights:
- Right to request disclosure of categories and specific details of the information collected about themselves
- Right to request disclosure of the relevant business purpose for collecting, selling or sharing personal information with third parties, and the categories of information sources from which an individual’s personal information is collected
- Right to request the removal and deletion of personal information that has been collected, subject to the limitations of California civil code
- Right to not be discriminated against for exercising the rights guaranteed by California civil code
Those who wish to request disclosure or deletion of personal information may contact Caplugs directly by phone or email using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Protective Industries Inc.
2150 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14207
Last updated: June 29, 2020